Other Things You Could Have Learned at SAP TechEd 2016!
What did you learn at TechEd this year? We took our entire Sales Team to SAP TechEd 2016 because we invest in our Sales Directors to know and understand the latest technical advances and direction that SAP is moving.
SAP TechEd is wrongly perceived as the little brother to SAPPHIRE, SAP’s annual user conference. Over 6,000 attendees descended upon The Venetian / Palazzo Congress Center for a week focused on SAP technology. Over 220 information packed presentations on S/4 HANA, HANA, Fiori, IoT, Analytics and many more leading edge topics, primarily from the aspect of technology and customer success were presented.
One of the first things you notice is that TechEd is much more laid back. Between the sounds of strategy talks, roadmaps, demos, presentations, hands-on activities and live chats, you may hear the sound of air hockey or foosball – a techie-air about this conference.
Many are still curious about Fiori. I attended Ian Kimball’s Demo / Presentation on Fiori 2.0. Here are a few snippets from his presentation.
- Improved Navigation: Added “Recently Used” section to streamline your work.
- Exception Views: Helps Prioritize your Work and Decision Support.
- Simplify the Complex: Drill down on specific orders to isolate issues and problems.
- Add Tasks and Activities to your Mobile Device: Use “Co-Pilot,” a new feature to add events and activities to your calendar driven from SAP data. You can see the full presentation CLICK HERE.
You can’t talk about SAP technology and not ask about the advances of ABAP and NetWeaver. Karl Kessler, VP of NetWeaver Product Development, provided the vision for this platform. The summary:
- Conspiracy Theorists: ABAP is Dead is as ill-conceived as the Beatles legend, Paul McCartney’s 1966 death. S/4 HANA, Fiori, and other services put ABAP front and center of SAP’s development platform.
- Core Data Services: Build the awareness of the SAP Eclipse Tools, UI5 Consumption, and Push Channel Notifications to name a few.
- Developer Skills: Majority of developers in attendance are working with NW 7.4 or 7.5. Coming out in Q4, 2016, look for, NW 7.51. Watch the full interview CLICK HERE.
Attending the many presentations was a great way to learn about the advances, innovations, and progress in SAP technologies. A hidden advantage to TechEd is the many connections one makes at this event.
One day over lunch we spoke with a few Basis consultants that were having trouble with their BPC implementation and performance issues. We connected them with some thought leaders in that area that could help.
TechEd 2017 is scheduled for September 25-29, 2017, its 21st year, at the same location, The Venetian. We recommend that you mark your calendar for this educational event!
If you want more information on TechEd or specific presentations that may interest you, contact Kent Lamb at 972.377.3525 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact your Titan Sales Director as well.